Thursday, August 28, 2008

Some things I've learned about myself

A few things I've learned about myself:
I LOVE GOD. Yes, I said it. I am a Christian, a Jesus Freak, even. If that bothers you, well, that's me. I am defined by that and am becoming a completely different, better person because of my relationship with Christ. I've given my life over to Him and in doing so, my life has become richer and more satisfying. Yes, there are still struggles: financial, emotional, marriage issues, but I give my worries to God and am filled with a peace that I spent years seeking.

I am beautiful. It's taken a long time to realize, but I am. And realizing that has led me to discover that yes, I might be nice to look at, but my heart, who I truly am, is even more amazing.

I love babies. I love holding them, kissing them, snuggling them. Best yet is being a mother to them. I started off wanting four, then during the labor of my second child I swore that I would never, ever do that again! Well, my heart has changed and I want more. How many more? God alone knows. I do know that being a mom is the most amazing thing ever. And while labor is THE most painful thing I've ever experienced it's also the most amazing. I also know that I desperately want to adopt. There are so many orphaned children out there who need to be loved.

I have a LOT of love to give and I love to give it. I used to think it was a bad thing; I would get hurt a lot. But now I know it's a wonderful gift. I love caring for people. It's my passion.

I really do like to exercise. Words I thought I would never say J It's so exhilarating, so freeing. The body is so amazing; the way everything works together is just awesome. Why waste it?

I really am a good wife. I think that it's a good and honorable thing to respect and serve your husband. I don't mean being his slave, but to cook meals, respect him, do things for him out of the love of your heart. I'm no pushover, though. He does his share and makes my job as a wife and mother much easier.

I love to sing. I don't do it well very often, but I love it nonetheless. Praise music is my absolute favorite. I could sing along with Erin Zurflu all day.

In shedding my false self and seeking the person that I was created to be, I've found that I really do love myself and that I have a lot of glory to offer. There have been many people that I've known who were hell-bent on keeping me from discovering the beautiful qualities of myself, and they were victorious for quite some time, but I'm starting to tune them out.

I AM NOT PERFECT and don't pretend to be. Sometimes I say the wrong thing. I like to drink wine, sometimes more than I should. I nag my husband. There are times when I find myself cussing like a sailor. I have more faults than I could ever remember or care to list. I am definitely a work in progress.